Planned Engineering Services Limited Christmas charity for 2017 from the hundreds of incredibly worthwhile causes will once again be “CRISIS”
PES Ltd are making a donation to this charity to sponsor and help 20 homeless people on the one day when most people are lucky enough to be sharing the festivities with family and friends.
There are though many unfortunate people throughout our cities that for a number of reasons are homeless and lonely.
The sad facts are that most are Men, and many of these will be Ex-Armed Forces personnel.
Crisis will arrange on Christmas Day for each of the sponsored people to have the following:
The opportunity to have a hot shower, be issued new clothing, have warm shelter with 3 hot meals and a chance to have the company of others for this very special day.
As part of the sponsorship “Crisis” will also be providing
- Hot, delicious, nutritious Christmas dinners (for over 4,700 homeless people over nine days)
- Advice on housing, benefits, finances, employment, as well as legal matters
- Healthcare, including TB and hepatitis screenings
- Dental treatment and eye tests, including glasses
- Hairdressing and massage treatments
- Learning and skills opportunities, internet cafés and IT workshops
- Specialist centres providing safe accommodation to rough sleepers, women and people with dependency issues
- PLUS access to Crisis’ year-round services for training and support in the year ahead.
“Crisis” do a fantastic job in helping the homeless, not only at Christmas but all year round to the great benefit of those people that receive their assistance.